Bangladesh Jute Association (BJA) was established in 1949 as a sister organization of Narayanganj Chamber of Commerce and Industry. It emerged as an independent organization in 1949 as Pakistan Jute Association (PJA) on 13th March 1959. After the emergence of Bangladesh this organization was renamed Bangladesh Jute Association (BJA). BJA is a National Representative body of all jute traders and exporters in the private sector. The number of members are about 500. The member exporter of raw jute export to as many as 35 countries of the world. Every year the exporters export raw jute at a tune of about 20 lakh bales amounting to Tk. about 2000 (Two Thousand) crore and contribute a lot to the national economy.